Yacht Assist Inc.
Professional Yacht Maintenance, Renovations, and Repairs
Yacht Assist Inc. was established in 2010 with the focus on yachts needing refits and maintenance programs, to reduce downtime and owner expenses. Yacht Assist prides itself on its Yacht Maintenance programs, with several yachts having no breakdowns or trip cancellations over a period of 8 years under a Yacht Assist Maintenance Program.
We work with multiple construction disciplines of steel, aluminum, wood and fiberglass as well as being able to reengineer existing mechanical systems and upgrade or redesign electrical and plumbing systems on your boat.
Project Management is an integral part of keeping these projects under control. As an experienced Project Manager Stewart is very aware of the need for all facets of the work to be fully documented and costed every step of the way. Every project we undertake, whether big or small goes through the same rigorous process.
Although based in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, Yacht Assist is a global company. We have assisted many clients from around the world. Our expertise includes both the technical knowledge and logistical skills to meet all manner of regional challenges.
Refit & Restoration
Yacht Assist has developed extensive experience in vessel upgrade projects. When it comes time to restore your boat or upgrade to the latest and greatest, we are here to help.
- Accommodations Spaces
- Mechanical and Electrical
- Navigation and Electronics
- Paint and Corrosion Prevention
- Engines, Drives, and Shafts
Maintenance & Repairs
Keep your vessel running at optimal performance. In addition to performing routine maintenance and repairs, Yacht Assist can develop an effective routine inspection and preventative maintenance schedule, optimized to the unique needs of your vessel and in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
Each Maintenance Plan we produce is fully documented, indexed, and produced in both printed and electronic formats.
Time for a change? Need to modernize or expand your options? Yacht Assist can help evaluate, plan and execute all manner of boat customization projects. Whether it is adding a new stateroom, re-designing deck space, or upgrading to the latest innovation in navigation and/or communications systems. We have the expertise to complete the work on time and within your projected budget.
Our experience has shown that all but the simplest of tasks require a dedicated project plan, including the scope of the work to be completed, an estimate of costs, resource plans, contingency plans, and most importantly, a timeline showing when the project will be completed.
Yacht Assist applies a unique methodology and approach to each project we undertake. Our Project Management practices ensure that our clients have full visibility of the scope, current progress, and budgetary controls over the life of every project.
Our most recent project...
Shore Support for a 130ft (40M) Hakvoort MY…
- Hands-on Engineering & Maintenance Support
- Crew Training
Headed for the Dry Dock
On the hard, blocked up and ready for work.
Construction: Cold Molded
- 3-year refit completed in sections
- Rebuild both main engines and gears & detail paint with 7 coats of Awlgrip
- Bring ships electrical systems up to date
- Install new electronics suite
- Rebuild all plumbing and galley systems
- Rebuild Fuel, sewage, and freshwater tanks and systems
- Correct two soft spots in the hull below main engines, following the boats original design and materials
- Replace transom and paint the entire vessel including all varnish from raw wood
- New epoxy bottom and bottom paint.
- New canvass and soft goods and A/C system rebuild
58' Pilothouse Trawler
- Replace section of hull & bow deck plating
- Remove shaft epoxy coat tube and additional thru-hull penetrations
- Soda blast bottom and epoxy system with new bottom paint
- Update electronics suite and electrical system with inverter
- Service all machinery main engine, Generator, watermaker, and A/C systems
- Prepare shipment and ship yacht to Gabon, Africa
88' Benetti MY
- Older vessel for a complete refit over 18 months.
- Replaced over 30% of decayed hull plating
- Rebuild all main engines, transmissions, generators, pumps and related systems
- Rebuild steel fresh water tank, holding tank
- Replace all A/C with new and complete new plumbing
- Upgrade soft goods, refinish all exterior brightwork
- Repair and repaint exterior areas on the vessel as per owners instructions
- Upgrade electronics suite and entertainment systems
- Deliver to the owner and perform full crew training
44' Kong & Halverson Trawler
- Rebuild top deck and cabin house where was extremely rotted out
- Replace all teak decks on the aft deck, flybridge, and steps to each deck
- Upgraded electrical systems
- Spot repairs on areas on the hull and below the waterline.
150' Trinity MY
Construction: Steel Aluminum
- Project to replace galley.
- Design new galley with ships crew to accommodate their needs.
- Replace all systems, refrigeration, electrical, lighting, and A/C
- Remove entire galley, correct decking areas where leakage had occurred
- Install new galley with all new appliances
72' San Lorenzo
- The boat was a constructive total loss from Hurricane Irma and suffered a 40′ long split in the keel of the hull
- 30% of the boat had to be disassembled. Hull and stringer system rebuild to USCG spec under the direction of naval Architect.
- Rebuild all mechanical systems, rebuild entire AC and DC electrical systems
- Rebuild transmissions on both engines, service main engines, and update
- Rebuild freshwater and holding tanks and related systems
- Rebuild running gear to .003 tolerance
- Install new electronics suite entertainment and wifi systems
- Rebuild all hydraulic systems, windlasses, and capstans
- Replace all new carpeting and soft goods
- Buff entire exterior to new condition with 4 step process
- Set up boat with new tender and all safety equipment for charter
90' Boundless MY
Triple Jet Propulsion
- New vessel placed in Yacht Assist Captain on-demand and maintenance program
- Worked with Hamilton Jet to sort out new power and systems issues
- The vessel was in Yacht Assist care for 8 years
- Performed running maintenance and annual yard periods.
Accomplished 100% dispatch rate for owners, not one trip canceled.
120' 100 passenger ferry (Catamaran)
- Worked with the management company to commission vessel into new service.
- Completed work on electrical systems
- Complete all safety packages for USCG requirements
- Performed set of ground GPS signal stations in the operational area for the vessel.
- Continued with Shore support
…this is just a small, representative sample of our work. Over the years we have completed many more quality projects, too numerous to list.
Coming in finally for dry dock after almost 2 years in the ocean without coming back to port. She is still benefiting from the fantastic work you guys did on the old ragamuffin.
Stewart’s marine knowledge and experience makes him a valuable asset to the marine industry